Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread. Gozleme is a Turkish special flatbread with different kinds of filling. This is one of my favorite with spinach and Feta cheese. This is a wonderful flatbread that is crusty outside with soft and chewy inside filled with delicious filling.
This is an awesome flatbread that is hard outside with delicate and chewy inside loaded up with scrumptious filling. Spinach Feta Gozleme is a veg variant of Gozleme (stuffed Turkish flatbread) where a thin sheet of unleavened dough made of flour, salt and water is rolled and filled with toppings made of spinach, and feta cheese. This is then cooked on a griddle with oil or butter and served.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, turkish/gozleme feta-spinach flatbread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Gozleme is a Turkish special flatbread with different kinds of filling. This is one of my favorite with spinach and Feta cheese. This is a wonderful flatbread that is crusty outside with soft and chewy inside filled with delicious filling.
Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have turkish/gozleme feta-spinach flatbread using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread:
- Make ready For of dough :.
- Take 1cup of All purpose flour.
- Take 1 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Make ready For of stuffing:-.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped spinach/Frozen spinach.
- Take 1 of big onion finely chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 cup/8 oz of feta cheese/ any type of cheese.
- Get 1 tsp of crushed pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of oregano.
It is a popular Turkish street food and served in breakfast. As far back as I previously read this formula, I had for a long while been itching to make it, however it continued sneaking out and I couldn't make it as of recently. It is the part of the bargain seven day stretch of a to z International flatbread arrangement and I have this heavenly Turkish Gozleme for the letter 'G'. If you have never heard of Gözleme it is a traditional savory Turkish flatbread pastry dish filled with a variety of fillings.
Instructions to make Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread:
- For dough:- Heat water and add active dry yeast & sugar to the water and mix well. Cover and keep for 10 minutes..
- In a bowl add the flour and salt and mix well. Add the yoghurt and yeast mixture to the bowl along with the olive oil and start mixing..
- Add more water if needed to make a very soft dough but not sticky..
- Divide the dough into equal parts and place it on a greased tray and cover and rise for 30 minutes..
- For stuffing:- Take spinach and squeeze all the extra water and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan add onion and let the onion cook a bit..
- Add the crushed pepper, chilli flakes, oregano and salt and let it cook for a couple of minutes..
- Add the prepared spinach to the pan and mix well to combine..
- Let the mixture cool down to room temperature and then add the crumbled feta cheese to the mixture. Mix well to evenly combine..
- Once the dough has risen take one piece of dough and place it on a well floured surface.
- Start rolling the dough to for on a large circle which is very thin..
- Fold two opposite sides of the dough towards the centre. Place stuffing in the centre of the dough..
- Allow fold the other two opposite sides over the filling towards the centre over lapping and seal the edges well.
- Heat a heavy skillet pan on medium high heat. Brush the prepared gozleme dough with olive oil and place it on the hot pan..
- Oiled side down cook on low to medium heat until golden brown and then flip the other side..
- To allow the gozleme to cook all the way through. Slice into 2 to 4 pieces and serve warm before flipping brush this side with oil as well cook on both side..
You can also make gözleme dough with yeast but then is it similar to Bazlama. Gozleme recipe (Turkish Stuffed Flatbread) This Turkish flatbread is usually made on a traditional large pan called a sac. The sac is very large and almost flat. Turkish cooks grease the sac pretty well before cooking gozleme or, sometimes, they cook it in a nonstick pan without any oil and then brush butter on the pastry when it's fully cooked. Chop the washed spinach leaves roughly.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food turkish/gozleme feta-spinach flatbread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!