Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping. These Baking Therapy Hasselback apples feature sweet honey crisp apples (my fave!) that are sliced open like a fan and topped with a delicious coconut-oat streusel. Serve with a drizzle of toffee sauce and a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfect for any get together this fall season.
Firm, sweet apples open like a fan, allowing the cinnamon and brown sugar streusel to sink between each slice. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, these hasselback apples are topped with a toasty granola streusel and lightly filled with raisins. This collection of top-rated recipes highlights this versatilty, featuring chicken thighs with international accents, from chicken curry to cacciatore, chicken teriyaki to chicken.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, hasselback apples with toffee / oat strusel topping. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping is something which I have loved my whole life.
These Baking Therapy Hasselback apples feature sweet honey crisp apples (my fave!) that are sliced open like a fan and topped with a delicious coconut-oat streusel. Serve with a drizzle of toffee sauce and a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfect for any get together this fall season.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hasselback apples with toffee / oat strusel topping using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping:
- Get of APPLES.
- Prepare 4 of large firm apples, I used Cortland.
- Get 4 tbsp of salted butter, melted.
- Get 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get of TOFFEE / OAT STRUSEL.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Toffee bits, I used Heath bits pictured in direction step #7.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of old fashioned oats.
- Take 1/4 tsp of apple pie spice.
- Get 2 tbsp of salted butter, cold cut into cubes.
- Prepare of SERVING.
- Prepare 1 of recipe of my Salted Caramel Sauce, recipe attached in direction step #9.
- Prepare of vanilla ice cream.
Choose firm apples with sweet-tart Spoon oat mixture evenly over apples. Cool and refrigerate baked apples until ready to serve; then top with streusel and bake as. Top Hasselback Apples with Butter and Brown Sugar to Create a Caramel Sauce as it Bakes. Sweet hasselback apples are made just like their potato Then add that streusel onto the top of the apples and bake them a bit longer until the streusel has melted.
Instructions to make Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping:
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking dish big enough to hold apples in one layer with non stick spray.
- Cut apples in half lengthwise through stem. Peel and remove core, keeping apple half intact. Place each apple half cut side down on cutting board. Place chop sticks or wooden spoon handles on each side of apple and make thin slices down apple using the chopsticks as a way not to cut all the way throughapple.
- Combine the light brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place apples , cut side down in prepare d pan, brush apples with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake about 20 minutes until apples are just tender.
- Combine Strusel ingredients , mix flour, brown sugar, toffee bits, oats and apple pie spice. Add cold butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over apples, return to oven and cook 20 more minutes until strusel is crisp.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355600-salted-caramel-sauce.
PagesBusinessesMedia/News CompanyCooking LightVideosHow to Make Hasselback Baked Apples with Cinnamon Streusel Topping. Hasselback Apples – a fun twist on apple crumble, that will be sure to impress. Definitely a fun way to enjoy apples this year! Then you bake, top with the crumble mixture, and you are done. Instead of cheesy goodness with hasselback potatoes, you get cinnamon struesel and creamy vanilla ice cream.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hasselback apples with toffee / oat strusel topping recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!