Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vickys caramel apple pie, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vickys caramel apple pie, gf df ef sf nf using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare 115 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine or unsalted butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of cornflour/cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of gluten-free flour.
- Get 30 ml of water.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 100 grams of white sugar.
- Prepare 110 grams of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Take 6 of granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced.
- Make ready 1 of sweetened short crust pastry, enough for a double pie crust (shell & lid). I've got my free-from recipe linked below if you need one.
Steps to make Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in both flours. It won't look pretty but don't worry.
- Add the water, vanilla, spices and both sugars and bring to the boil, stirring continuously to bring the caramel together.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the sliced apples, letting them cook slightly in the syrup before letting it cool and thicken.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425°F and line a 9 inch pie tin with baking paper or use a spring form cake tin.
- Roll out the pastry and press into the pie tin cutting off the excess to roll again for the top crust. Chill in the fridge until the filling has cooled https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the filling into the pie shell. This way you can control the amount of caramel that goes in so it won't be too liquidy and the bottom crust doesn't get soggy. Reserve the rest of the syrup for serving later. Mound the filling up slightly in the middle.
- Brush the edge of the shell with some milk or an alternative such as light coconut milk, then top with the lid pastry, cutting a slit on top for steam to escape.
- If you still have some pastry left, roll it out again and cut out some decorative leaves with a knife and place on top to make it prettier.
- Crimp the edge of the lid and bottom crust together to seal and brush some of the leftover caramel syrup all over the lid to glaze.
- Bake 15 minutes in the oven (over a baking tray in case there are spills), then reduce the temperature to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and bake for a further 35 to 45 minutes or until the apples are soft and the pastry is golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then cool completely out of the tin on a wire rack. Serve warm but not hot (or you'll lose all of the syrup!) with ice cream, custard or some fresh cream – full fat coconut milk is a lovely non-dairy cream substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332956-vickys-vanilla-ice-cream-with-flavour-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332987-vickys-vanilla-custard-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- I hope you try this, everyone in my family that's tried it really loves it.
- TIPS TO AVOID A SOGGY PIE BOTTOM! Let the pie cool on a wire rack completely to let the warmth circulate around the base. Reheat to serve, don't be tempted to cut into it straight from the oven. Using a glass pie dish helps cook the bottom crust better than a metal tin too. Also, if you brush the inside of the shell with some syrup it stops the filling seeping through. If a recipe says add the filling hot, add it hot. And of course you can blind bake the shell before filling. Hope these are useful to you!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vickys caramel apple pie, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!