Exquisite Tart Tatin-style Apple Cake.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, exquisite tart tatin-style apple cake. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Exquisite Tart Tatin-style Apple Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Exquisite Tart Tatin-style Apple Cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have exquisite tart tatin-style apple cake using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Exquisite Tart Tatin-style Apple Cake:
- Take 1 medium of to large Apple(s).
- Get 10 grams of Butter (to coat the mold).
- Prepare of Caramel sauce.
- Get 50 grams of ★ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of generous tablespoon ★ Water.
- Take of Cake batter.
- Take 70 grams of Almond powder.
- Take 60 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (separate the yolk and white).
- Take 1 tbsp of Apricot jam.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 20 grams of Cake flour.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 40 grams of Melted butter.
Instructions to make Exquisite Tart Tatin-style Apple Cake:
- First, make the caramel sauce. Put the caramel sauce ingredients in a pot, heat on medium, melt the sugar and slowly simmer until golden brown. Turn off the heat, then place pot on a damp towel, allow to cool to harden the caramel..
- While waiting for the caramel to harden, prepare the apples and preheat the oven. Peel the apples, cut in half, core, then thinly slice into 2 to 3 mm wedges. Preheat the oven to 250°C..
- After the caramel hardens, coat the caramel surface and the sides of the pot in butter. Since the butter and caramel will melt when baking, don't be concerned if they are lumpy. I recommend using your fingers to spread the butter after measuring it out..
- Line the surface of the caramel with the sliced apples. After placing 2 or 3 end slices, lay the rest of the slices around in a circle while overlapping them. (Arranging the slices nicely will give the cake a pretty finish, but for those who don't mind, just lay the pieces flat.).
- Put the pot in the oven preheated to 250°C and bake for 12 minutes. If you have space on top of the oven (outside the oven), put the butter for the batter in a heat-resistant dish and simply let the butter melt in residual heat from the oven..
- While baking the apples, let's make the batter! Put the almond powder, sugar, and egg white in a bowl, thoroughly mix together with a rubber spatula, then add the egg yolk, apricot jam, and lemon juice, then thoroughly mix to incorporate air..
- The apples should be done. Remove the pot from the oven, gently tip the pot, then pour out the juice from the baked apples into a separate dish to adjust the water content. Keep the leftover juices as it'll be used later..
- After adjusting the water content, re-position the apple slices in the pot. If there are any gaps or if the apples are not lying flat, use a spoon to press flat..
- Set the oven to 200°C. For the batter, sprinkle the butter into the batter from Step 6, mix until smooth, then pour in the leftover apple juices and stir..
- Combine the cake flour and baking powder and sift into the bowl, then, with a rubber spatula, fold in with cutting motions without kneading. Thoroughly mix until the batter becomes shiny. (With the rubber spatula, repeatedly trace a "J" on the bottom of the pan while turning the bowl towards you.).
- Pour the batter into the pot, then level it out. Bake for 8 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C, reset oven to 180°C, then bake for 12 minutes, then reset oven to 170°C and bake for 3 more minutes..
- It should look like this fresh from the oven. Pierce it with a skewer, and if it comes out clean, it's finished! Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the pot, and let's wait for the cake to cool. (If overbaked, the cake will be crumbly and dry)..
- When the cake cools, with the aluminum foil in place, firmly hold the pot, and lightly agitate (give it a good, hard shake to dislodge the contents.) The caramelized apples should separate from the pot, and the cake should come out easily..
- If the cake doesn't want to come out, or if the caramel has hardened and the cake won't budge, heat the pot over the stove and it should come right out. If you force it, the apples will end up a tragic mess, so be careful when removing the cake!.
- Remove the aluminum foil, hold the pot over a dish one size larger than the pot, then carefully flip the pot over..
- It should look like this..
- Slice into desired size pieces and serve..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food exquisite tart tatin-style apple cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!