Fatteh – Chickpeas with yogurt. I've only just discovered fatteh – a Levantine dish of crumbled, toasted pita covered in warm chickpeas and cool, tangy yogurt sauce – but I'm in love. The word fatteh is Arabic for "crushed" or "crumbs", and is the name for all manner of riffs on a crumbled, toasted pita casserole. This is a recipe for a traditional fatteh (fatte).
Delicious and easy step-by-step recipe for Lebanese Fatteh that can be eaten anytime. With Chickpeas and an amazing yogurt sauce topped with crispy pita. Chickpeas with Garlicky Yogurt & Toasted Pita (Fatteh Hommos).
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, fatteh – chickpeas with yogurt. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
I've only just discovered fatteh – a Levantine dish of crumbled, toasted pita covered in warm chickpeas and cool, tangy yogurt sauce – but I'm in love. The word fatteh is Arabic for "crushed" or "crumbs", and is the name for all manner of riffs on a crumbled, toasted pita casserole. This is a recipe for a traditional fatteh (fatte).
Fatteh – Chickpeas with yogurt is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Fatteh – Chickpeas with yogurt is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have fatteh – chickpeas with yogurt using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fatteh – Chickpeas with yogurt:
- Get 1 can of chickpeas.
- Take pieces of Crispy flatbread.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Get 200 g of yogurt.
- Take 3 tbsp of tahini (sesame paste).
- Prepare 1 squeeze of lemon juice.
- Get 1 of crushed garlic clove.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Make ready 1 of bit of the water you use to boil the chickpeas.
- Prepare of For the toppings.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Take of pine nuts, shredded almonds, cashew.
- Make ready of Paprika and cumin.
Fatteh means "broken" and signifies a dish of toasted bread pieces mixed with other ingredients. In this easy recipe, the yogurt is also "broken" with tahini, garlic and oil. Lebanese Chicken Fatteh includes chickpeas, toasted pita bread (I toss it with some olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper), shredded chicken (cooked with mediterranean spices), toasted pine nuts (or toasted almonds), and fresh chopped parsley. Then I pour warm garlicky yogurt sauce on top of it and it's.
Instructions to make Fatteh – Chickpeas with yogurt:
- Rinse the chickpeas then boil them until cooked.
- Put the flatbread pieces in the oven until crispy.
- Mix the yogurt sauce ingredients and add some of the water you used to boil the chickpeas in to make the mixture a bit liquidy (but still creamy).
- Spread the chickpeas in an oven dish and then put the crispy bread on top.
- Melt some butter in a saucepan/pan and fry the nuts.
- Pour the yogurt over the chickpeas and bread then drizzle the nuts and butter on top with a pinch of paprika and cumin (i slightly burnt the nuts but that’s fine).
Fatteh is a delicious middle eastern chickpea bake, well known in Melbourne and the recipe can be found here! Inspired by the Moroccan Soup bar chickpea If you don't live in Melbourne then trust me when I say this dish is loved all around town. Fatteh – chickpea yoghurt bake is by new best friend. To save time, soak the chickpeas in water and baking soda: the alkalinity of the soda breaks down the beans' cellular walls and reduces the cooking time. Across the Levant, you will find variations on fatteh, dishes built on toasted or fried day-old bread.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food fatteh – chickpeas with yogurt recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!