Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crab and sausage cornbread dressing recipe. You can cook crab and sausage cornbread dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Use 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Get 6 of Eggs.
- You need 2 Cups of Milk.
- You need 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- Get 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- Provide 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- Get 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- Use 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- Provide 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- Provide 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- Get to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- You need 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Instructions to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.
Cornbread and sausage stuffing (or dressing) is a very personal thing, and hands down, the best version I've ever had was the one my mother-in-law makes. Her classic southern recipe is the perfect savory sidekick to a well-cooked turkey. Share: Rate this Recipe Cornbread dressing goes great with chicken, too. Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Butternut Squash. Traditional cornbread dressing is combined with autumn produce for the perfect This easy cornbread dressing gets a shot of something savory with the addition of sausage and a dash of pepper.
If you find this Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.