Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Soft shell blue crab recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Soft shell blue crab recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soft shell blue crab recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods honestly do raise your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out some of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while also calming the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you feel better. Now you know that it helps you to raise your moods too!
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to soft shell blue crab recipe. To cook soft shell blue crab you only need 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Soft shell blue crab:
- Prepare of Soft shell blue crab.
- Provide 2 of eggs (room temp).
- Provide 1 cup of butter milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun season.
- Provide of Salt/ pepper.
- You need 2 cups of self rising flour.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Get of Peanut or vegetable oil.
Instructions to make Soft shell blue crab:
- Rinse off blue crab and place on paper towel to drain. Crack both eggs in a bowl and add buttermilk. Add Cajun seasoning and mix. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn on stove to medium heat and allow oil to heat up. Preferably in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan..
- Add flour and remainder of seasoning into paper bag and shake to blend together..
- Add blue crab to flour. Dust off excess and add to egg mixture. Cover completely in egg. Add back to the bag of seasoned flour. Cover entire crab in flour. Add a pinch of flour to see if oil is ready to fry if it’s bubbling when the flour is added, it ready, if not allow oil to continue to heat. You may need to turn the heat up slightly above medium….
- Fry until golden. Take out and drain excess oil on paper towel while you prepare to make your Po boy sandwich.
There are specific considerations to remember when buying them. Contrary to popular belief, soft shell crabs aren't a separate species; they are just regular, hard shell crabs (most often blue crabs in the US) at a particular stage of growth. Maryland soft shell crab is incredibly tender and can be eaten whole, shell included! Unbreaded pre cleaned soft shell crabs. True Blue certified Maryland crabs from the Chesapeake Bay.
If you find this Soft shell blue crab recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.