Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Quick German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad)
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is complete, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
When you go grocery shopping, be sensible about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and have something good. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. In this way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german kartoffelsalat (german potato salad) recipe. To make german kartoffelsalat (german potato salad) you need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad):
- Prepare of Cooking the potatoes:.
- Take of new potatoes, sliced in half.
- Get of cold water (enough water to cover and cook potatoes).
- Take of fine salt (add to the water for cooking potatoes).
- You need of Potato dressing:.
- Get of medium white or red onion, finely sliced.
- Use of pickled cornichons, finely sliced.
- Provide of To taste, salt and ground white pepper.
- Use of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Thomy mustard (or Dijon mustard).
- Use of white wine vinegar.
- Take of For garnish:.
- Provide of chives (optional).
Instructions to make German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad):
- Wash the potatoes and drain excess water in a colander. Cut the potatoes in half and set aside..
- In a large pot, add cold water. Place the potatoes in the pot and add salt. Cover pot with a lid and bring up to the boil. Once the water has boiled, remove the lid and cook potatoes until soft, roughly 10 minutes..
- To test if potatoes are cooked, use a pointed knife and poke a potato with the tip. If it goes in and slides out easily, the potatoes are ready. Turn off the heat and drain potatoes in a colander. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to let them cool down..
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and cornichons and transfer to the same bowl..
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, add to the mixing bowl with the onions and cornichons and mix together..
- Now add mayonnaise and a dollop of mustard (I used Thomy mustard). Stir together. Add white ground pepper and salt to taste and gently incorporate together..
- Lastly, add the white wine vinegar. Mix well and taste the potato salad. Adjust taste if needed (add more mayo, salt or white pepper, depending on preference). Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with finely cut chives (if adding)..
- Place in fridge for an hour or two or eat immediately (depending on preference). Eat the potato salad as a side dish, with any kind of meat. I love eating it with pork schnitzel or sausages..
There is some sort of "war" going on whether traditional German potato salad should be made with mayonaise, or with vinaigrette. People of northern Germany prefer the mayo version, while in the south vinaigrette is used. Hot potato salad, usually made with bacon, onion and vinegar dressing, soon became so closely associated with German immigrants that it was dubbed "German Potato Salad." Equally scrumptious hot or cold, German Potato Salad is a deeply satisfying blend of sweet, tangy, bacony goodness. Two basic types of potato salad are made in Germany. In the north, the potatoes are held together with mayonnaise.
If you find this German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.