Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Healthy Shepard's Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Healthy Shepard's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Shepard's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every now and then isn’t a terrible idea. Using them for your only source of hydration, however, is dumb. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy shepard's pie recipe. You can cook healthy shepard's pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Shepard's Pie:
- Take 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil.
- Provide 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Take of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed.
- Get 1/2 cup of hemp seeds.
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 4-5 stalks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of mushrooms, quartered.
- Take 1 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
- Use 6 cups of water.
- You need 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces.
- Get 5 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 cups of peas.
- You need 2-3 of sweet potatoes.
Instructions to make Healthy Shepard's Pie:
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium.
- Add turkey, and stir constantly until fully cooked.
- Add cumin, ground flax seed, hemp seed, peppers, celery, mushrooms and basil. Stir often and cook until softened, about 5 minutes..
- In another pot, boil the water and cook your carrots, peas, and broccoli..
- Using a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from the water, saving the water, and add to the turkey mixture. Stir well, and transfer into a glass casserole dish..
- Using the leftover water, bring back to a boil and add sweet potato. This will give it lots of flavour. Cook until pieces are fully cooked. Drain any remaining water, and mash with salt and pepper..
- Add mashed sweet potato on top of mixture, spread evenly, cover with tin foil, and bake in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes. I like the potatoes to dry out a little like a crust, but for softer potatoes reduce time..
Not just a great everyday meal but also a great substitute to the unhealthy holiday food alternative! This healthy shepherd's pie is perfect if your kids are fussy eaters. It's not exactly cheating by hiding their five-a-day inside. And even if it is, no jury will convict you! Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
If you find this Healthy Shepard's Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.