Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Onigiri recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Onigiri recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Onigiri recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. As soon as you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite straightforward to live green, all things considered. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to onigiri recipe. You can have onigiri using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Onigiri:
- Take 3 cups of cooked rice (warm & mashed).
- Get to taste of salt & pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Provide 1 tsp. of oil.
- Get as required of seaweed (nori) sheets.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of roasted sesame seeds.
Steps to make Onigiri:
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the mushrooms, pinch of salt and pepper for a couple of minutes till it turns soft. Keep aside to cool..
- Now wet your hands and take sufficient amount of the cooked rice in one hand. Make a hollow in the center and stuff little of the mushroom filling..
- Cover it properly and press it carefully and gently to give it a triangle shape. Wrap it with a seaweed sheet..
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and few finely cut seaweed and serve them just as it is as a snack, breakfast or lunch..
Onigiri (おにぎり) is a Japanese rice ball made from cooked rice formed into triangular or flat round shapes. The name came from the verb nigiru (握る, to hold) which is how you make a rice ball and how you eat it. You might also hear people call it omusubi (おむすび) or nigirimeshi (にぎり飯). Also known as o-musubi or nigirimeshi, onigiri are Japanese rice ball snacks made from cooked or steamed rice, seasonings (and sometimes tasty hidden fillings), wrapped a nori seaweed wrapper. Onigiri is a common treat in bento boxes and at picnics.
If you find this Onigiri recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.