Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Red Lentil Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely pick out a lot of items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry recipe. You can cook red lentil curry using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Lentil Curry:
- Get 3 tbsp of Canola/Vegtable Oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of Chopped fresh ginger.
- Take 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 8 of Green onions/Scallions White and green parts seperated.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Take 4 of Carrots, Chopped.
- Take 1 of large Russet Potato.
- Get 1 cup of Split red lentils.
- Take 4 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Use 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Nann bread and lime wedges.
Steps to make Red Lentil Curry:
- Heat oil in large saucpan or metal pot over medium-high heat..
- Add ginger, garlic, and scallion/green onion whites and cook. Stirring frequently until softened. 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add carrots, potatoes, lentils, broth, salt, and pepper. and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the lentils and vegetables or tender 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Server with Naan and lime wedge, Sprinkle with green parts of scallion/green onion.
You've got the red lentils and tomatoes used in Indian (or Middle Eastern) curries, along with Thai red curry paste and coconut milk associated with Thai (or Southeast Asian) curry dishes. How to Make Masoor Dal (Red Lentil Curry) – the Recipe Method First, heat the oil in a large pot to medium heat. Vegetable oil or olive oil are fine, though you can use coconut milk for a bit of extra flavor. Try it with chili oil as well for some extra spiciness. An easy to make, delicious red lentil curry.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.