Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salty pirate's red lentil soup recipe. You can have salty pirate's red lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup:
- You need of Black Bean Stock.
- Use 1 lb of Dry Black Beans.
- You need 1 tsp of Chipotle Spice Mix.
- Get 1 tsp of Ground mixed Pepper Corns.
- You need of Red Lentil.
- Get 3/4 lb of Split Red Lentils.
- Prepare 1 head of Red Onion.
- Provide 1 head of Cured Garlic.
- Use 1 tbsp of Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Get 1 tsp of Fine Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Smoked Spanish Paprika.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Ground Cayenne.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
Steps to make Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup:
- To create the Black Bean Stock: state with 1 lb dry black beans. I recommend against pre-soaking to capture full flavor, but pre-soak will cut time in half. Wash in cold water for 3-5 minutes, drain off (pre-soak 8-12 hours optionally at this point save water if so). Bring to a full boil in a large pot for 15 minutes, strain any foam off. Lower to a medium simmer and add ground pepper. (The beans will boil over easily so keep an eye on them). After 30-45 minutes test a bean, if it's starting to tender (fully chewable) then lower to low simmer and add salt. After about 90-120 minutes total beans should be done (will vary). Scoop out beans or pour through a civ to save boil water as stock..
- Place dry split red lentils in the hot stock and bring up to a low boil (you may need to add some additional water as needed)..
- While the lentils are boiling in a separate pan sauté chopped/diced red onion and garlic in butter (I used goats milk butter for a lighter creamy taste). Sauté until well browned and caramelized. Remove from heat..
- When lentils have been boiling for 20 minutes add sautéed garlic/onions and mix in all of the spices. Lower temp and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure spices infuse and no beans are sticking to the pot..
I definately want to try this. I've never had red lentil soup before. Thank you again for the recipe. Sausage lentil soup – You can also mix in cooked sausage or other proteins like ham, beef, bacon, tofu. Make it spicy – Add cayenne pepper for a lot of heat or some red chili flakes for a milder heat.
If you find this Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.