Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Lobster potpie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Lobster potpie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lobster potpie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. Although costing a little more originally, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Utilizing these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to get the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The family spends major time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Obviously this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Largely, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lobster potpie recipe. To cook lobster potpie you only need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lobster potpie:
- Get 1 1/2 qt of heavy cream, or split with half&half, reduced by 25%.
- Get 1 pint of lobster stock, reduced by half.
- Provide 1 of potato, cut in cubes and blanched.
- You need 1 of large carrot, cut in cubes and blanched.
- Provide 1/2 of fennel, cut in cubes and blanched.
- Provide 10 oz of chopped lobster meat.
- Provide to taste of S&P.
- Take 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled to 1/16" thick and cut into 4 cir.
- Provide 1 of egg for wash*.
- Provide 2 tsp of thyme, off stems.
- You need 1 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped (instead of potato).
- Use of Cornstarch (to thicken).
Instructions to make Lobster potpie:
- Preheat oven to 500°. Whisk the reduced cream and lobster stock together to make sauce..
- In a pot, heat sauce with vegetables and lobster. Season to taste with S&P and add thyme..
- Place equal amounts of sauce with lobster and vegetables into 4 12oz gratin dishes. Place rolled puff pastry on top and brush with egg wash. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve..
- Egg wash: mix egg with 1 tsp water or milk and a pinch of salt..
- I used 1-2C chopped asparagus instead of the potato. I also added 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) because I felt it is to liquidy..
If you find this Lobster potpie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.