Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan). Coconut milk- use the liquid form and not powdered coconut milk. The pan you will use as a steamer Once steamed, why does my watalappan mixture look lighter in color and not the dark, rich color you expect it to be. This is due to the type of Jaggery you use.
I made watalappam/ jaggery & coconut milk pudding yesterday according to your recipe. It was tasty and made in heaven. My husband's and my favourite desert.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, jeggery coconut milk pudding ( watalappan). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Coconut milk- use the liquid form and not powdered coconut milk. The pan you will use as a steamer Once steamed, why does my watalappan mixture look lighter in color and not the dark, rich color you expect it to be. This is due to the type of Jaggery you use.
Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jeggery coconut milk pudding ( watalappan) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan):
- Prepare 250 grams of jagerry.
- Take 50 grams of coconut milk powder.
- Prepare 250 ml of warm water.
- Get 5 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 3 of cardamon.
- Make ready 1 slice of cinnamon.
- Take 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of crushed cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sultanas.
Use dariole moulds instead of one large dish for individual serves. Can use condensed milk or even thickened cream instead of cocnut milkYou can. See recipes for Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan) too. Coconut milk, Jaggery, no Egg yolk, Cloves powder, Green Cardamom powder, Nutmeg, Salt, Sugar Caremal.
Instructions to make Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan):
- Crush jaggery and mix with 100ml water. Add cardamon, cinnamon. Heat and mix well until jaggery dissolve completely, bring to boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove heat & cool down..
- Mix 150ml warm water & coconut milk powder. Mix well. Strain the jaggery mix to remove spices and pour into coconut milk, mix well..
- Whisk the whole eggs well and mix with the jaggery liquid , add nutmeg powder mix well..
- Pour the whole liquid mixture in a Pyrex bowl. In pre heated oven pour hot water in baking tray so that the bowl is 1/2 or 1/3 immersed. Cook for 45 min in 180°C..
- Serve cold with crushed nut and sultanas. You can add nuts in mixture also but I like it separate..
Watalappam (also called watalappan or vattalappam) (Sinhala: වටලප්පන් Tamil: வட்டலாப்பம்) is a coconut custard pudding made of coconut milk or condensed milk, jaggery, cashew nuts, eggs, various spices, including cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg. Watalappan or vattalappam is a traditional Sri Lankan dessert recipe that is made with coconut milk and soft Kithul jaggery. It is a coconut pudding that tastes different from regular coconut pudding. Now in another bowl mix the coconut milk, jaggery & vanilla together and stir the mixture till jaggery dissolves. The Best Jaggery Pudding Recipes on Yummly
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food jeggery coconut milk pudding ( watalappan) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply