Italian Wedding Soup. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants.
I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Italian Wedding Soup is about a fortuitous marriage of ingredients: chicken broth, meatballs, spinach, parmesan cheese and eggs.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, italian wedding soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Italian Wedding Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Italian Wedding Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have italian wedding soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Italian Wedding Soup:
- Prepare 1 of small sliced onion.
- Take 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4 in pieces.
- Make ready 2 (32 oz) of cartons Chicken Broth, Kitchen Basic is a good brand.
- Take 16 oz of frozen cheese tortellini.
- Get 12 oz of bag of spinach rinsed.
- Make ready 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Get pinch of Bell's Poultry Seasoning.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Get 1/2 bag of small party sized meatballs – *Trader Joes Party Size Meatballs" or make your own bite-sized meatballs.
This Italian wedding soup recipe is simple to make and the absolute BEST thing to eat! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. Served at every Italian-American wedding across the nation, Italian Wedding Soup is something no self-respecting Italian-American couple would ever think of getting married without it. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth.
Instructions to make Italian Wedding Soup:
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and celery and saute 5 to 6 minutes until softened..
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 6 mins..
- Stir in parmesan cheese, Bell's seasoning, salt, pepper and meatballs. Stir in spinach and stir for 1 minute..
- Ladle soup in bowls and top with parmesan cheese..
This Italian Wedding Soup Recipe is simply the best! Made with acini de pepe, beef and pork meatballs, carrots, celery, greens, and Parmesan cheese. Wedding soup gets its name from an Italian phrase which is translated to "married soup". It is a reference to the flavors coming together so well, like a marriage. Meatballs in a hearty broth with acini.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food italian wedding soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!