Braised Pork & Sauerkraut.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, braised pork & sauerkraut. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Braised Pork & Sauerkraut is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Braised Pork & Sauerkraut is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have braised pork & sauerkraut using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Pork & Sauerkraut:
- Take 2 lb. of packaged sauerkraut.
- Get 1 of pear, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 5 of juniper berries (optional).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 3 lb. of pork (shoulder or butt, bone-in).
- Prepare 3 tbs. of dry rub (seasonings).
- Get 1 sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 1 cup of gravy.
Steps to make Braised Pork & Sauerkraut:
- Place sauerkraut in medium sized pot; add the chopped pear, onion, seasonings, and wine. Bring to a slight boil, reduce heat to low-medium, and cook for 30 minutes slightly covered..
- Prepare the pork (trim any fat) and cover the meat with dry rub seasonings and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (covered)..
- Heat up an outdoor grill (best) or a large frying pan with oil, and sear the meat on all sides on medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes a side. [This will seal in the juices of the meat while slow-cooking later in the oven].
- Heat oven to 325˚ F..
- Transfer the meat to a large pot / pan with lid (oven proof) and place the sauerkraut around all the sides of the meat. Place the rosemary on top of the meat, cover, and place in the oven to cook for 2 hours..
- Remove the pan lid and continue to cook for 40 minutes. This will produce a golden color atop of the kraut and will begin to solidify all the juices..
- When done cooking, remove the meat from the pan. Drain off the pan liquid. Shred the pork, add the pieces back to the pan with kraut, and lightly mix..
- Serve with mashed potatoes and cover all ingredients (lightly) with gravy..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food braised pork & sauerkraut recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!