Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sushi Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sushi Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
Probably the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. You get the greatest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that hard. Typically, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sushi rice recipe. To make sushi rice you only need 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sushi Rice:
- Provide 1 cup of japanese rice.
- Prepare For of seasoning-.
- Take 30 ml of rice vinegar.
- Use 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (double the quantity if using sea salt).
Steps to make Sushi Rice:
- This recipe and quantity is for cooking with rice cooker. So when I say 1 cup it is a rice cooker cup (180 ml size)..
- Wash the rice gently 3-4 times, until water runs clear. Let the rice soak in freshwater for 30 mins.Transfer the rice into a sieve and drain completely..
- Put the rice in rice cooker bowl and add water. If your cooker bowl has "sushi" option add water till 1 cup line. otherwise add 180ml water. Place bowl in and start cooking..
- To make sushi vinegar, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep this aside. You can make a big batch of sushi vinegar and store it in a glass bottle..
- Once the rice is cooked, moisten a large bowl with water so the rice will not stick and transfer the cooked rice into it. Spread out evenly so the rice will cool faster. While it’s hot, pour sushi vinegar over the rice..
- With a rice paddle or flat spoon, slice the rice at a 45 degree to separate the rice grains instead of mixing, let it cool down a little. Then gently flip the rice in between slices. Keep the rice covered with a damp towel (or paper towel) until ready to use..
If you have ever made sushi at home you know the rice is the tricky part. Not that it is difficult, just takes the right amount of water, the right Also, ignoring the instructions on the sushi rice package. The word sushi literally translates to 'sour flavor'. Rice – Not all rice is created equal. Look for short-grain white Japanese rice or medium-grain California rice.
If you find this Sushi Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.