Potato Pancakes. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal. Housewives prefer cooking potato pancakes in a pan, but there are recipes in which pancakes are baked in the oven.
Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, potato pancakes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal. Housewives prefer cooking potato pancakes in a pan, but there are recipes in which pancakes are baked in the oven.
Potato Pancakes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Potato Pancakes is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have potato pancakes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Pancakes:
- Get 1 of carrot grated.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized potatoes grated.
- Prepare 1 of small capsicum thinly sliced.
- Get 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of egg (optional) vegetarian can avoid.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cornflour.
- Get 4 tsp of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 of pepper Powder.
- Make ready 1 of Chilli chopped.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of jeera (cumin).
Homemade Potato Pancakes Recipe – Authentic Jewish Latkes, Best Ever! Potato pancakes is a classic Jewish recipe, and the Jewish potato pancakes are called 'latkes'. Potato pancakes, prepared from fresh chopped or grated potatoes, onions, eggs and flour, are commonly associated with various cuisines of Europe. In Ukraine they are called "deruny".
Instructions to make Potato Pancakes:
- Chop and slice all veggies. Squeeze extra water from potatoes.
- Add cornflour and all purpose flour, salt,pepper,egg and jeera. Mix well avoid using water if the consistency is thin then add more flour..
- Heat a non stick pan grease with little oil.
- Take small portion of batter in hand spread carefully on the pan.Keep the flame low else pancake will burn..
- Continue with same process flipping the opposite sides in between..
- Finish all the pancakes with same process.
- Serve hot with any dip but goes well with schezwan sauce..
Potato pancakes are such a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. They have fluffy centers, golden edges, and a little cheese for extra flavor. Easy Potato Pancakes – Wonderfully crisp, tender, and just melt-in-your mouth amazing. Can be served as an appetizer, side dish or even a light main dish! Get delicious and easy Potato Pancake Recipes to serve your family and friends from the chefs at Food Network.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food potato pancakes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!