Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) recipe. You can have masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- Get 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentils), soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Get 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of panch phoron / cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Get 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves.
Steps to make Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and fry the onions till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute..
- Then add the tomatoes and all the dry spices..
- Sprinkle some water & continue to fry on a medium flame till it is mashed..
- Add the soaked dal and saute for a minute..
- Add 1 1/2 cups water & pressure cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame after the first whistle..
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with panch phoron. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic and fry till it changes colour. Switch off the flame and add the red chilli powder..
- Mix well and pour this tempering on the boiled dal. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis..
If you have never made lentils before or want to learn making south Asian food, lentils are the easiest to start with. Heat oil in a small sauce pan and sauté cumin seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, shallots and tomatoes. Then add green chilies, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and kasuri methi. Stir and turn off the heat. Add most of the tempered spice oil and cilantro to cooked dal, stir and simmer.
If you find this Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.