Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a place to begin with as any. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. You should upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. It goes further than just exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly discover members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it takes place in other parts of the house as well. Do an exercise if you like; check out the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that hard. A lot of it really is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mikes ez crawfish étouffée over dirty rice recipe. You can cook mikes ez crawfish étouffée over dirty rice using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice:
- Take of Crawfish Tails [presteamed – peeled – rinsed].
- Use of Green Bell Pepper [minced].
- You need of White Onion [minced].
- Provide of Celery Stalks [minced].
- Provide of Green Onions [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Take of Garlic [minced].
- Provide of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Get of Diced Canned Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Take of Cayenne Pepper.
- Get of Salted Butter.
- You need of LG Bay Leaf.
- Use of Flour + 1 Cup Water [mixed – thickening agent – i use seafood stock].
- Take of ● For The Dirty Rice.
- Provide of Boxes Zatarian's Dirty Rice.
- Provide of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Use of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
Steps to make Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice:
- I used my leftover crawfish from my boil yesterday but you can purchase presteamed or raw crawfish tails at your local market. Walmart usually sells them in 1 pound bags – shell free. Chances are they'll be frozen. Just dethaw and rinse tails of any silt. Reserve any dethawed fluids from bags and dethaw water. Fine strain You'll definitely want that delicious mudbug flavor!.
- For The Crawfish Étouffée Fine dice your vegetables. In a large pan with a tight fitting lid – melt butter over medium high heat. Add chopped vegetables to pan and sauté until soft and translucent. About 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add small amounts of water if needed. Add your crawfish tails and seasonings, mix and cover tightly. Simmer for 5 minutes if using presteamed tails. Stir occasionally. Turn up your heat – add your water / flour mixture, mix well and simmer until desired thickness. About 3 minutes..
- For The Dirty Rice Make as per manufactures directions. Make stove top or microwavable. All it requires is water but I always add 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chatcherie's per box for additional flavor..
- Serve Étouffée over dirty rice. If opting instead for white rice – which is a traditional option – pack cooked rice into a small bowl to mold. Then flip on the top of your Crawfish Étouffée. Garnish dish with green onions and parsley. Serve with Louisiana Hot Sauce to the side. I'll also round this meal out with a garden salad and warm French Bread. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.