Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. In time, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tinned tomato, red onion & red lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe. You can have tinned tomato, red onion & red lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative):
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Provide of red onions, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, crushed.
- You need of carrots, diced small.
- Provide of x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes.
- Take of sugar.
- Prepare of red lentils.
- Prepare of ham stock (use vegetable stock if preferred).
- Provide of dried thyme.
- You need of dried oregano.
- Take of diced bits of baked ham.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Ground black pepper.
- Use of Crème fraîche (optional).
Instructions to make Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative):
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes. Stir only if needed to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for a further 2 minutes or until the onions are softened but not burnt. Stir very occasionally..
- Stir in the carrots, tomatoes and sugar, then the lentils and then the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently but not too vigorously..
- Reduce to a fast simmer, cover and after 10 minutes stir thoroughly and add the herbs and diced ham. Simmer for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste but be sparing with the salt in view of the ham stock..
- Whizz to your desired consistency or, as we do, leave it with the “bits” whole and the soup unthickened and serve piping hot with a dollop of crème fraîche per bowl (optional) and granary bread or a crusty roll..
Grab some peaches, onions, and tomatoes at the local farmers' market! For mouthwatering dishes like this one, and much more, pick up a copy of The Old Farmer's Almanac EATS. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or heavy casserole over medium heat and add the onion. Save time the day of serving by caramelizing the onions and roasting the tomatoes up to two days in advance. If you're using fresh tomatoes for this, make sure they're nice and ripe and really good quality.
If you find this Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.