Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few small changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian red lentil soup with garam masala recipe. You can have indian red lentil soup with garam masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- You need 150 grams of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- Get 750 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 400 grams of ripe tomatoes (can).
- You need 1/4 bunch of or fresh parsley.
- You need 1-2 centimeter of fresh ginger root.
- Get 100-150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- Use 1 teaspoon of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Prepare of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Get of optional:.
- Provide 1 of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Steps to make Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.
So let's thumb our collective noses at sub-zero temps and make some extra tasty, warms-you-to-the-bones red lentil masala soup. Flavorful not hot spicy Indian lentil soup with split red masoor dal lentils, a couple of spices and other healthy ingredients. This soup is great all year round but of course most suitable when the days get shorter and cooler. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, red lentils, ginger and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
If you find this Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.