Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple red lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple red lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple red lentil curry recipe. To cook simple red lentil curry you only need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Take 300 grams of red lentils.
- Take 200 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- Provide Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- You need 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- Provide 2 of cloves.
- Use 2 of cardamoms.
- You need Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- Get of Salt.
- Provide 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- Get of Lemon wedges to serve.
- You need of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Get as needed of Butter or ghee.
Instructions to make Simple red lentil curry:
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..
The base of the recipe is garlic, ginger, carrots sautéed in coconut oil, and red curry paste. Tomato paste and vegetable broth make a deeply flavorful sauce, while turmeric and coconut sugar add depth of flavor. The red lentil curry is somewhat spicy. And like many Ethiopian dishes, and it's vegetarian. Most dishes are made with plenty of vegetables in Ethiopia, saving meat for special occasions.
If you find this Simple red lentil curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.