Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan coconut lentil soup recipe. To make vegan coconut lentil soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- Use of medium onion.
- Get of minced garlic.
- You need of piece ginger.
- Get of curry powder.
- You need of red curry powder.
- Take of cayenne pepper.
- Use of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Take of red lentils.
- Prepare of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Use of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Provide of can crushed tomatoes.
- Provide of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Get of sea salt (optional to taste).
Instructions to make Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
If you find this Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.