Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil (Masoor Dal) Khichadi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil (Masoor Dal) Khichadi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most likely buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil (masoor dal) khichadi recipe. To make red lentil (masoor dal) khichadi you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil (Masoor Dal) Khichadi:
- Prepare 2 cups of Khichadi Rice.
- Take 1 cup of Red Lentil.
- Get 2 of onions chopped.
- Use 1 of tomato chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green chillies sliced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Khichadi masala (homemade).
- Provide 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 2 tsp of oil.
- Take 2 tsp of ghee.
- Take 2 of red dry chillies.
- Take 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- Take 4 glasses of water.
Instructions to make Red Lentil (Masoor Dal) Khichadi:
- Wash and soak rice and dal together for an hour..
- Now take a cooker on medium flame add oil and ghee. Let it get hot. Add mustard seeds get crackled, add cumin seeds, dry red chillies, asafoetida and green chillies..
- Now add onions. Saute it till it get golden add Tomato saute it properly add ginger garlic paste. Saute it till oil gets released..
- Now add all masalas and saute it for a min add water, salt. Let water get boiled properly. Add rice and dal to boiling water. Mix it well. Close the lid of the cooker. Make flame high and get 4 whistles..
- Let cooker get cool. Open the lid mix the Khichadi well. Serve hot with pickle, Papad, salad and Yellow Khati (sour) Khadi..
Add corn, green peas, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and soaked rice and lentils. Open cooker, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, pour. Masoor Dal is an Indian curry prepared with orange-red split lentil, which are also called masoor dal (मसूर दाल). Dal is hindi and means lentil. Sometimes it's spelled as daal or dahl.
If you find this Red Lentil (Masoor Dal) Khichadi recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.