Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curried red lentil and potato soup recipe. To make curried red lentil and potato soup you need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get 1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped or frozen.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp cinnamon.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 200 ml of tinned coconut milk.
- Get 500 ml of stock – I used some chicken stock that needed using from the freezer but you could use vegetable stock here instead.
- Get 1 of potato, peeled and chopped into chunks.
- Take 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of red lentils.
- Provide 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take 1 tsp of mango chutney.
- Use 1 of heaped tbsp dessicated coconut (unsweetened).
- Take Squeeze of lemon.
- Use 1 tbsp of natural yoghurt – I used thick greek yoghurt. (You could leave this out if you don't have any – it will just be a little less rich and creamy.).
- You need of Salt.
- Use of Chilli flakes.
Steps to make Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the spices and mix with the onion. Now add the potato and carrot and coat with the spices. Add a little stock (2-3 tbsps) to loosen the spices..
- Add the lentils and stir well. Add the coconut milk and 1/4 of the stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the tomato puree, dessicated coconut and mango chutney and stir well..
- Cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Now add the rest of the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook with the lid on for 25 minutes or until the veg and lentils are lovely and soft. Stir regularly so that the lentils don't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth (you can serve the soup as it is before blending which will give you more of a thin dahl)..
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, yoghurt and seasoning and simmer for a few more minutes. Serve in warm bowls with some lovely fresh chunky bread – we had ours with porridge oat bread while it was still warm from the bread maker… Heaven!.
My Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup is perfect when you've had a long day and need some comfort and warmth in a hurry. This soup has complex Thai-inspired flavor but comes together quickly with red curry paste. Best red curry paste to use: Ruth's Red Lentil and Potato Soup Ruth's Red Lentil and Potato Soup. It's full of flavor, hearty and filling, and budget-friendly. Raise your hand if you love soup.
If you find this Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.