Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Cash.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That has fully changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
A lot of energy is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to run as often.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, of course. Typically, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. You can have shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- Take of 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger.
- You need of 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk).
- You need of 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked.
- Prepare of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- Provide of regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine).
- Take of half n half or heavy whipping cream.
- Get of Milk.
- Get of Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores..
- Get of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Provide of Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste.
- You need of Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice).
Instructions to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later..
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go….
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink..
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content..
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty..
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in..
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste..
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins..
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!.
If you find this Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.