Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Snacks.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains found in white bread.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal recipe. You can cook red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- Get 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 400 g of red split lentils.
- Take 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 800 ml of water (boiling).
- Take 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder (or fresh chilli).
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare of Pumpkin seeds.
- Get of Salt, pepper, oil.
- You need of To serve:.
- You need of Coriander garnish (optional).
- You need of Plain naan bread.
Instructions to make Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small squares. Add a small amount of olive oil to two baking trays and split the squash over the two trays so they are a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, and half a teaspoon of curry powder per tray. Mix with your hands an out in the oven for 45mins at 210c. (Or cook until they are just starting to brown on the outside)..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small squares. Add to a large frying pan with a small amount of oil. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of curry powder, tomato puree and chilli powder. Stir to coat the onion and cook for a further two mins..
- Next add the water, coconut milk, stock cube and lentils. Stir well and leave to cook for 30mins on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent it catching..
- Once both the dal and squash is cooked, check seasoning and add more pepper or chilli to taste. Add the squash to the dal and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Garnish with coriander and serve with naans..
They pack health-promoting polyphenols and may reduce several heart. Lentil is one of the oldest domesticated crops. Originating in south-west Asia, lentil has been a staple food since the beginning of agriculture. Lentils grown in Australia are divided into two groups – red and green – based on cotyledon colour. Each type has a distinct end uses and different markets.
If you find this Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.