Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, simple cabbage & bean soup with pork. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have simple cabbage & bean soup with pork using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Prepare 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- Get 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Make ready 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- Prepare 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Take 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Instructions to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!