Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, simple cabbage & bean soup with pork. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook simple cabbage & bean soup with pork using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Prepare 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Take 1 of small onion, diced.
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Prepare 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- Take 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Take 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Instructions to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!