My Mom's Spanish bean soup. Spanish Bean Soup takes you on a trip to Tampa Bay, where Cuban heritage is so alive & full of flavor. This flavorful soup is packed with delicious garbanzo Actually, I should give my mom some of the credit. She made it similar to this, I just adapted it a bit.
But this Spanish bean soup is not just any soup. Rather, it is a soup sent straight from the soup gods (if the soup gods took the form of my future You may be thinking that a recipe for a thick, hearty soup is a bit odd considering that yesterday was the first day of spring. Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Ham and Bean Soup.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, my mom's spanish bean soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
My Mom's Spanish bean soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. My Mom's Spanish bean soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Spanish Bean Soup takes you on a trip to Tampa Bay, where Cuban heritage is so alive & full of flavor. This flavorful soup is packed with delicious garbanzo Actually, I should give my mom some of the credit. She made it similar to this, I just adapted it a bit.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have my mom's spanish bean soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Mom's Spanish bean soup:
- Make ready 5 lb of potatoes.
- Get 1 gallon of chickpeas.
- Get 1 tbsp of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1 of large hambone.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of ham.
- Get 1 1/4 lb of beef chuck steak.
- Take 1/4 lb of salt pork.
- Prepare 12 cup of water.
- Take 3/4 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage the one from Spain.
- Get 2 of large onions.
- Make ready of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced garlic, the mild quarter cup strong garlic.
I was looking for a soup to use up a ham bone left from Easter Sunday, and this was perfect! It's similar to the way I usually make my bean soup, except this one has garlic and thyme. In a large stockpot add beans, salt pork, and enough cold water to Here's a note from Alex on what he does: Typically in a Spanish cocido the cooked meats would be I however, like my mom, add the cleaned and picked-through meat directly back into the soup, right. Spanish Bean Soup takes you on a trip to Tampa Bay, where Cuban heritage is so alive & full of flavor.
Steps to make My Mom's Spanish bean soup:
- In a huge pot add 10 cups of water. Bring to boil..
- Add your meats. Cover cook till done. Take the meat out. Take the meat off the bone. Then chop all of meat into bite sized pieces..
- Add all the meat back into the soup. Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't like to eat onions. Add last 2 cups of water..
- Add garlic and saffron. Stir well. While it boils, peel the potatoes chop into cubes. Add into pot along with the chickpeas..
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender over low heat. Serve with Cuban bread, hope you enjoy!.
- This soup can be frozen. Just add water to thin out when you defrost it.
This flavorful soup is packed with delicious garbanzo beans, potatoes & savory sausage. Spanish bean soup with kale and meatless! Menestra de Verduras (Spanish Vegetable Soup). Via The View From Great Island. Living in southeast PA and trying to juggle family and a household while trying to earn an income from home.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food my mom's spanish bean soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!