Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp and Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp and Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
A large amount of electricity is consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly reduce how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s concerning being functional, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp and grits recipe. You can have shrimp and grits using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp and Grits:
- Use of Main.
- Provide 12 large of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Provide 10 oz of Andouille Sausage.
- Take 1 large of Green Bell Pepper.
- Provide 1 medium of onion.
- Get 1 of jalapeno pepper (de-seeded).
- Take 4 cup of Grits.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- Provide 1 cup of milk.
- Get 3/4 packages of cream cheese.
- Use 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Get 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- Provide 1 box of Tony's Creole Base (etouffe' mix).
Steps to make Shrimp and Grits:
- In a large stockpot bring grits and water to boil. Then turn to simmer.
- Slice peppers and remove seeds. Then slice onion..
- Preheat skillet to medium high heat and add 2tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute peppers and onion for 5-7 min. Then set them aside in a bowl..
- Add one tbsp of butter to preheated skillet and add shrimp and sliced sausage. Stirring as needed until shrimp is cooked through. Set aside in bowl..
- Prepare creole (etouffe') mix in skillet according to directions..
- Add a cup or so of the cream cheese to mix and the cup of milk.
- Bring to light boil then add shrimp, sausage, peppers, and onions. Reduce heat to simmer..
- Add cayenne, garlic powder, and hot sauce if desired.
- Once grits are done. Add as much butter as desired, cheddar cheese, and some of the cream cheese.
- Then add the salt and black pepper ( consider paprika too) to the grits.
- Once creole base has reached desired consistency remove from heat..
- Plate the grits and pour creole base over the top. Enjoy! And please post pictures!!.
This classic southern combo couldn't be more comforting. Cheesy grits are topped with bacon, peppers. Serve the Cajun shrimp and grits. Scoop some of the creamy grits into your serving bowls. Refrigerate the leftover shrimp and grits in separate airtight containers.
If you find this Shrimp and Grits recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.