Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a spot get started on as any. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. You really need to upgrade your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more originally, these bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. It goes further than simply replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The kitchen lights in particular tend to be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Of course this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, of course. It’s concerning being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and corn chowder recipe. To make chicken and corn chowder you only need 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Corn Chowder:
- Use 3 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 4 of medium carrots, diced.
- Provide 1 packages of frozen pepper stir fry.
- Get 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bacon, chopped.
- Use 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 medium of potatoes, chopped.
- Provide 1 lb of chicken breast, cooked and chopped.
- Use 1 lb of frozen whole kernel corn.
- Take 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Get 1 of Tony Chacheres, to taste.
Steps to make Chicken and Corn Chowder:
- Melt butter in large heavy bottom pan. (I use a cast iron dutch oven).
- Saute carrots until partially soft..
- Add pepper stir fry. Saute until onion is translucent and peppers are soft..
- Add bacon and cook until fat is rendered..
- Add garlic. Saute 1 minute..
- Add flour and stir to a thick paste. Add oil if to thick. Add more flour if too thin. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Stir in chicken broth..
- Add chicken, corn, salt and pepper..
- Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in heavy cream. Do not allow to return to simmer..
- Top bowls with Tony's to taste..
My husband loves it and I usually have everything on hand. Chicken corn chowder is a creamy, delicious and filling soup that is like a little hug in a bowl. Chicken, corn, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic in a creamy broth, topped with bacon, green onions and cheese. And who couldn't use a hug in a bowl right about now?!. This chicken and corn chowder recipe is cozy, flavorful, and easy to make.
If you find this Chicken and Corn Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.