Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of things which help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Several vitamins and minerals tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which can often cause you to be sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood booster!
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe. To make squash and red lentil soup – vegan you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Prepare of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- Take of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- Get of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- Get of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Use of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Take of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Use of fresh lemon juice.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- You need of to sprinkle on top.
- Get of Za’atar.
- Get of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- Use of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Steps to make Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
This soup comes together in a pinch and freezes well cooked or uncooked. Also, it is great because you have many options to cook it. You can use the stovetop or a crockpot or instant pot. Made with butternut squash, fresh herbs and coconut milk this healthy vegan soup will become your favorite dinner this season! If you're just as sick and tired of being cold all the time, this soup will solve your problems and warm you up for a while.
If you find this Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.