Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor daal r khichdi/ rice and red lentil porridge recipe. You can cook masoor daal r khichdi/ rice and red lentil porridge using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge:
- Use 2 cups of gobindobhog/basmati rice.
- Use 2 cups of masoor daal.
- You need 1/ 2 of large or small onion thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of grated garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 of green chilies slit.
- Take 1 of tomato cut into pieces.
- Provide 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 teaspoon of whole cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 cups of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1 of potato diced.
- Use 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Get 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Use To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of teaspoonful of garam masala powder(optional).
- Get 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare As needed of Hot water.
Instructions to make Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge:
- Wash the rice and masoor dal properly and strain the water. Let the rice and daal air-dry..
- Now, take a deep bottomed pan and add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and bay leaf..
- As the cumin starts spluttering add the potatoes and cauliflowers and saute them for about 3-4 minutes..
- Now add the soaked rice and lentils and saute them..
- Saute them till you see the colour of the rice and lentil change..
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, grated ginger and garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, green peas and cumin powder and salt and saute everything together for about 2 minutes. (In case you are using frozen peas as I did which mostly remain blanched, add the peas later).
- Now add about 8-10 cups of hot water. Cook the rice covered on medium flame till it starts boiling..
- Once it begins to boil, lower the flame and cook the khichuri on mid low flame till all the vegetables and rice are cooked properly. Add more water if necessary. After everything is cooked properly reduce the water to desired consistency. But remember do not make it dry completely as this khichuri should be runny. Add the ghee to the khichuri and turn off the flame..
Indian Rice and Lentil Porridge with Yogurt Sauce. A lightly spiced, classic Indian comfort food, made into a one-bowl meal with the addition of a savory yogurt sauce. It gets a nourishing kick of fresh turmeric, and readily accepts vegetable add-ins. The Dal Chenchki is a simple recipe made from red lentils (masoor dal) and combined with baby onions (shallots) and seasoned with ghee and mild spices. Serve the Dal Chenchki with Aloo Parwal Sabzi (another Bengali favorite) and hot rice, topped with ghee.
If you find this Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.