Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, hot chocolate. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hot Chocolate is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Hot Chocolate is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hot chocolate using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Chocolate:
- Make ready of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Prepare of High Quality Dark Chocolate Preferably Valrhona 70% Coarsely Chopped, 60g + More For Grating.
- Make ready of High Quality Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona,.
- Get of Demerara Sugar,.
- Prepare of Cayenne,.
- Prepare of Whole Milk,.
- Make ready of Cornstarch..
- Prepare of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare of Marshmallows, For Toasting.
Instructions to make Hot Chocolate:
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add in cinnamon stick. Lightly toast until aromatic. Add in chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, cayenne and a splash of milk..
- Lightly whisk to combine well and until the chocolate starts to melt. While that's happening, in a small bowl, add cornstarch and a splash of milk. Stir to combine well. This will be the slurry. Set aside. When the chocolate has completely melted, gradually pour in the rest of the milk while still whisking..
- Once everything has incorporated well, whisk in the slurry. Whisk until well combined. Lastly, add salt. Give it a final whisk. Remove from heat and drain thru a fine strainer over a serving glass..
- You can toast your marshmallow with a blow torch or under a broiler. Be sure your serving glass is heat or oven proof. But I prefer toasting my marshmallow under a broiler smoked with charcoal. What I did was burned some charcoal on the stove, placed the charcoal in a heat-proof bowl and wacked into the oven the same time as broiling the marshmallow..
- Once the marshmallow is charred, remove from oven. Grate some more dark chocolate over the top. Serve immediately..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hot chocolate recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!