Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Masoor Dal OR Red lentils recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor Dal OR Red lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dal OR Red lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dal or red lentils recipe. To make masoor dal or red lentils you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Masoor Dal OR Red lentils:
- Get of red lentils / masoor Dal.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- Take of cumin and coriander powder.
- You need of /2 TSP red chilli powder or to your taste.
- Use of garlic sliced.
- Get of cumin seeds.
- Take of water.
- You need of Fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Masoor Dal OR Red lentils:
- In a pot heat the oil on high flame and add the cumin seeds.it should brown straight away so add the garlic and reduce the heat or your garlic will burn.in a small bowl combine all the dry spices and add a little bit of water to make a paste and when your garlic is golden brown add the spice paste..
- Cook the spices for about a minute.by adding the water to your spices it will stop it from burning.and gives it enough time to cook and lose the row taste of the spice..
- Add the Dal/ lentils and the water and cook it covered until it's done.(If you are cooking in a pot you might need more water.You can adjust the water by adding some if it's to thick.or reduce the amount of water by cooking some more if it's to thin.) sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve hot..
- Note:- if you have a preser cooker this Dal is done in 15 minutes.if not it will take some were between 30-45 minutes depending on the water hardness..
Healthy Masoor Dal Recipe, all from scratch and ready within minutes! This easy dal recipe is a one-pot vegan Indian main course meal. The lentils are briefly soaked and the recipe doesn't require a pressure cooker. Masoor Dal is an Indian curry prepared with orange-red split lentil, which are also called masoor dal (मसूर दाल). Dal is hindi and means lentil.
If you find this Masoor Dal OR Red lentils recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.