Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor chingri dum or red lentils with shrimps recipe. To cook masoor chingri dum or red lentils with shrimps you need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps:
- Use 250 gms of Masoor Dal.
- Provide 100 gms of Chingri or Shrimps.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 1/2 “ of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1-2 of cloves.
- Provide 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Use 1 of medium sized onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger chopped fine.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of garlic chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take 2-3 of green chilli chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Get as per taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps:
- Soak Masoor Dal for 30 mins with water. Smear the Chingri or Shrimps with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside. Chop onions, ginger and garlic separately.
- In a wok heat mustard oil, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. When splutters add Chingri or Shrimps and shallow fry..
- Add chopped onion, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Stir and add Masoor Dal. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder. Add salt. Add water and cover for 10 mins. Keep stirring so that the bottom doesn’t stick..
- When reached the desired consistency then add garam masala powder and ghee and cover for the aroma to settle in.Plate it with chopped green chillies and Basil leaf. Serve with rice hot.
Cut Pui Saag/ Malabar Spinach into big chunks. Use both the leaves and stem. Now heat the Mustard Oil in a Pressure cooker and start frying the Onion. Once translucent, add chopped tomatoes and slit green chilies. Drain excess water from the soaked dal and grind it into a coarse paste with garlic and green chilies.
If you find this Masoor Chingri Dum or Red lentils with Shrimps recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.