Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is as good a spot get started on as any. Complete this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. You need to replace your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Using these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to acquire the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The family spends considerable time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Natural living is something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's southwestern chicken thighs over rice recipe. You can cook mike's southwestern chicken thighs over rice using 31 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice:
- Get of ● For The Proteins.
- Prepare 8 of LG Bone In Chicken Thighs [excess fat trimmed].
- Get of ● For The Vegetables [all rough chopped & divided].
- Use 1 of LG Viadailia Onion.
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Small Firm Tomato.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Jalapeno Peppers.
- Provide 2 Cups of Pace Picante Hot Red Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Take 1 of Red Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Use 1 of Orange Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Use 1 of Yellow Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Provide 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Use of ● For The Dried Seasonings [all divided].
- Get 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- Use 1.5 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Get 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of Course Sea Salt.
- Take of ● For The Additions & Garnishments.
- You need as needed of Lime Wedges.
- Get as needed of Red Salsa.
- Use as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
- Provide as needed of Fresh Parsley.
- Get as needed of Firm Avacados.
- Use as needed of Streamed White Rice [with dried cilantro].
- Get 2 Dashes of Chicken Broth.
- Provide 1.5 Cups of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese [divided].
Steps to make Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice:
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs..
- Pam spray a large oven safe pan. Smear half of your red salsa on the base of your pan. Sprinkle on half of your dried seasonings. Then, add half of your vegetables..
- Rinse your chicken, trim any unsightly fat and pat dry. Add to your pan fat side up. Spray chicken with Pam..
- Sprinkle on your other half of spices to chicken..
- Add large dollops of red salsa on top of your chicken..
- Sprinkle on half of your shredded cheese then top with your remaining vegetables. Add a couple dashes of chicken stock..
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Bake at 425° for 45 minutes wrapped up tight. Or, until they've reached an internal temperature of 180° to 185°. Check temp on your largest thigh..
- Serve with avacados, red salsa, lime wedges and white rice..
- Garish with cilantro and parsley. Enjoy!.
This Southwest Chicken is quick, easy to make, and LOADED with delicious flavors. Perfect for when you need a quick and easy dinner, this hearty meal is filled with tender chicken, southwest seasonings, black beans, corn, zesty green chiles, tangy cilantro and of course plenty of flavorful colby jack cheese! Great recipe but it does need some spicing up as other reviewers have noted. I added onion garlic more cumin chili powder and oregano. Also used chicken thighs instead (seasoned these first as others suggested) and added an extra can of black beans because we love black beans.
If you find this Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.