JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA. This soup, made with the bacon stock from Boiled Smoked Bacon, is so named because of the thick, dense 'peasouper' London fogs that were so prevalent After that the bacon and softened vegetables can be transferred to join the stock and split peas. Green pea soup with creamy burrata cheese and crispy bacon! Food channel L – a new recipe every day!
As with lentils, split peas do not need to be soaked overnight and they only take about an hour to cook. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
This soup, made with the bacon stock from Boiled Smoked Bacon, is so named because of the thick, dense 'peasouper' London fogs that were so prevalent After that the bacon and softened vegetables can be transferred to join the stock and split peas. Green pea soup with creamy burrata cheese and crispy bacon! Food channel L – a new recipe every day!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Make ready of dry split green peas.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices.
- Get of bacon fat.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get of onions, small diced.
- Get of carrot, small diced.
- Make ready of celery, small diced.
- Get of fresh thyme leaves.
- Make ready of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Get of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Get of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Take of salt.
- Take of ground black pepper.
- Take of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Prepare of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Get of baguette bread slices.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Make ready of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Prepare of feta cheese, small diced.
- Prepare of chopped oregano.
- Get of grated parmesan cheese.
- Make ready of paprika powder.
Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes I've discovered the delights of a Greggs cheese and bacon wrap – they're so delicious but even better than that. Split Pea Soup with Rosemary. "This soup is simple and fantastic. I also added some diced ham and blended about a Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Bacon and Hash Browns.
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
Here's a rich and hearty split pea soup with a twist. Since the peas do not need to be pre-soaked, it can be put. Would you like a side of split pea soup with your bacon? But, seriously, this split pea gets its bold smoky flavor from a whole lot of bacon. Serve garnished with parsley and bacon.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!