Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Southern Country Boil recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Country Boil recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Country Boil recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Maybe the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. As soon as you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or even steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is definitely not true. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. A lot of it really is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern country boil recipe. You can cook southern country boil using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Country Boil:
- Provide of Main Ingredients.
- Get of corn on cob – halved.
- Prepare of red potatoes – quarted or halved.
- You need of water or enough to cover.
- Get of par or fully cooked crab legs (look in your freezer section) If you can find fresh use instead..
- Provide of raw jumbo shrimp- deviened (peel/tail-on optional).
- Get of smoked sausage links like polish kilbasa.
- You need of seasoning.
- You need of Old Bay crab/seafood boil.
- Take of salt.
- You need of Serving and garnish options.
- You need of lemons – wedged or sliced.
- Use of parsley or scallions.
- Get of melted butter.
Steps to make Southern Country Boil:
- Start with 2 quarts of water in a very large stock pot. place on high heat to boil..
- Halve or quarter red potatoes to roughly same size and add to pot. Cook until tender but slightly under done.
- Add sausage links, corn cobs, Old Bay season bag, and salt to pot. Add more water to cover if needed. Bring back to boil..
- Add crab legs and time cooking according to package (5-7min) . Add more water to cover if needed, making sure water is still very hot. 5 mins after adding crab, add shrimp. shrimp should cook only 2-3 mins. cover your pot and remove from heat. let steep for additional 5 minutes..
- Be careful not to overcook your seafood ingredients! This can happen quickly and you will end up with tough seafood. good rule of thumb for shrimp is the shape in which it curls up. C is for cooked, O is for overcooked..
- remove all ingredients from pot and place on a large platter. serve with melted butter and lemon wedges. garnish with chopped parsley or scallions if desired..
This is dish that is easy to make and feeds a crowd. A low country boil really embodies the idea of the south. A low country boil includes a flavorful stock made of beer, loads of seafood seasoning, onions, garlic, and lemons. Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads. Famous in the Low Country of Georgia and South Carolina.
If you find this Southern Country Boil recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.