Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot).
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, bacon split pea soup (instant pot). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bacon split pea soup (instant pot) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Get of split peas.
- Take of chicken broth.
- Take of bacon.
- Make ready of smoked ham hock.
- Make ready of large carrot grated.
- Make ready of small onion chopped.
- Make ready of tspn black pepper.
- Make ready of olive oil.
Instructions to make Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Chop onions to desired size, chop bacon to about 1 inch squares, and grate carrot with cheese grater.
- Sauté onions with oil in instant pot for about 2 minutes, then toss in bacon 🥓 and cook until it’s the consistency of ham. They need not be crispy but you don’t want them rubbery..
- Turn off the sauté function. Add split peas, chicken broth, ham hock, carrots 🥕, and pepper. Set instant pot to 25 minutes and cook..
- Whisk hot soup before serving to break up clumps of split pea, there should be some stuck to the bottom of the pot, try not to reincorporate this into the soup. I garnished mine with fried rosemary garlic sourdough croutons..
- Complete! Share a cooksnap & tell us what you thought!.
- VARIANT: replace the bacon and ham hock with a smoked turkey leg. After soup is cooked, remove turkey leg, pull meat from bone, and return meat to soup..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food bacon split pea soup (instant pot) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!