Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Green Lentil Falafel recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Green Lentil Falafel recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Lentil Falafel recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green lentil falafel recipe. To make green lentil falafel you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Lentil Falafel:
- You need 150 g of dry green lentils (275 g soaked).
- Get 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare dash of pepper.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of chopped chives (or fresh cilantro/coriander).
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of flour.
- Use of oil for frying.
- Get of *Simple Yoghurt Dip*.
- Use 4 Tbsp of plain yogurt.
- Take to taste of salt & pepper.
- Take to taste of Fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Steps to make Green Lentil Falafel:
- Soak lentils overnight and drain. (Note: Do not use cooked lentils!! they will fall apart when frying).
- Combine all the ingredients for falafel (except cooking oil of course) in a food processor. Work in batches if needed..
- Process until the lentils are chopped into a grainy mixture. You don't want it to be come a paste..
- Form into balls using about 2 Tbsp of the lentil mix each. (it helps to wet your hands a little to prevent the mixture from sticking). If they are falling apart, add more flour to the mixture..
- Heat enough oil for frying in a frying pot. One the temperature is hot, fry the falafel in batches. When one side is golden brown turn over and fry the other side..
- When all sides are golden remove from oil and let drain on a rack or on paper towels..
- Mix together the yoghurt dip ingredients if using that. Serve and enjoy with the yogurt dip!.
COMBINE the lentils, chickpeas, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse, scraping down the side of the bowl until blended but not smooth. ADD the flour and baking powder and pulse until you have a soft mixture that you can roll into balls without it sticking to your hands. Scoop out the falafel mix into tablespoon size balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten the balls with the palm of your hand. Can I Use Other Legumes for Falafel?
If you find this Green Lentil Falafel recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.