Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red/green lentil soup with beef sausage recipe. You can have red/green lentil soup with beef sausage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage:
- Provide 1 cup of Red Lentils.
- Use 1 cup of Green Lentils.
- Take 3 of large potatoes pilled and grated.
- Provide 3 of large carrots pilled and grated.
- Use of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Provide 1 of tray beef sausage.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of chicken spice.
- Get 1/2 of cup tomato sauce or paste.
- Use 1 packet of Knorr Minestrone soup.
Instructions to make Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage:
- Place together the two lentils in a bowl and thoroughly wash off the starch under running tap. Then put it in a large pot with water enough to cover it and simmer high heat..
- When the lentil is almost tender, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and let it boil further until everything is soft and looking mushy..
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into small bite size pieces and saute in a saucepan, add onions and keep stirring. Then add the spice tomato sauce, stir and let it simmer..
- Mix the powdered soup with one cup of water and pour into the sausages and stir to thicken it, add more water if needed..
- Using the masher utensil, press down together the lentils and vegetables together to combine them into thick soup. Add the sausage sauce and stir thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together into a nice thick delicious soup. Let it simmer few more minutes before serving..
- Enjoy with steam bread🍞, or delicious soft rolls👌🏼.
Add the onions, carrots, celery, and red pepper. Place sausage in a large saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in lentils, carrot, water, chicken stock and tomatoes. Place sausage in a large pot.
If you find this Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.