Recipe of Perfect Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, black bean and rice soup – slow cooker. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook black bean and rice soup – slow cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Make ready of Black Bean Soup:.
- Prepare of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Take of large bell pepper, diced.
- Make ready of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Take of yellow onion, diced.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Make ready of celery, diced.
- Prepare of salsa (whatever kind).
- Get of chili powder.
- Get of ground cumin.
- Make ready of salt.
- Get of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- Make ready of ground coriander, pepper.
- Make ready of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Take of Rice:.
- Take of long grain rice.
- Prepare of unsalted vegetable broth.
Instructions to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food black bean and rice soup – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!