Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, homemade split pea soup with ham. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade split pea soup with ham using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Make ready of split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight).
- Get of medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size.
- Make ready of celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour.
- Get of Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour.
- Get of medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth.
- Get of large sweet onion diced.
- Get of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups.
- Take of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet.
Instructions to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil..
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces.
- Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,.
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes.
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk..
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup.
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top.
- Last but not least Enjoy 😊.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food homemade split pea soup with ham recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!