Navy Bean & Bacon Soup. The navy bean, haricot, pearl haricot bean, Boston bean, white pea bean, or pea bean is a variety of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) native to the Americas, where it was domesticated. It is a dry white bean that is smaller than many other types of white beans, and has an oval. These small white beans are perfect for making baked beans.
We've rounded up our favorite navy bean recipes, whether you are using canned beans, or starting Tip: If using dried beans, soak them overnight before cooking, for the tenderest, creamiest beans. Navy beans are a common type of bean native to the Americas. They are small, dry, white, and have a somewhat flattened oval shape.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, navy bean & bacon soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Navy Bean & Bacon Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Navy Bean & Bacon Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
The navy bean, haricot, pearl haricot bean, Boston bean, white pea bean, or pea bean is a variety of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) native to the Americas, where it was domesticated. It is a dry white bean that is smaller than many other types of white beans, and has an oval. These small white beans are perfect for making baked beans.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have navy bean & bacon soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Take of dried navy beans.
- Make ready of thick cut bacon – slices cut across to 1/2" strips.
- Prepare of medium yellow onion – diced.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Take of dried parsley.
- Get of water.
- Get of diced carrots.
- Get of salt and pepper.
Popular preparations for navy beans include baked bean dishes, pies. Navy Bean is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. Navy beans are pea sized white beans which can be used in a variety of dishes.
Instructions to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Sort beans to remove any broken/bad beans or other abnormalities. Such as what is pictured here..
- Soak beans using one of the 2 following methods. Overnight: Place beans in a large bowl with 6-8 cups cold water and allow to soak at least 12 hrs. OR Quick Soak (which I prefer): Place beans in large pot (about 6 quart size). Add 6-8 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, let sit 1-2 hrs. Drain and rinse beans in a large colander. Set aside. Do not save soak water..
- If you quick soaked just rinse the pot you used. Place pot on stove over medium-high heat. When hot add all of bacon. Cook until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally..
- Add onion, garlic powder, and parsley (do not remove bacon or drain fat). Cook 2 minutes more stirring constantly. Return beans to pot. Add 6 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Do NOT add any salt or pepper yet..
- Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Cover with lid slightly offset to vent. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hrs, adding carrots in last 30 minutes. Check and stir occasionally..
- When beans are tender use a slotted spoon to transfer about 1/2 cup to a medium bowl. Mash beans with fork and stir back into soup. Add salt and pepper to taste at this time (I went with a heaping tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Serve with cornbread if desired. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- For those who do not know, the primary reason for not salting beans as they cook is because the added salt has the tendency to prevent the beans from becoming tender. I'm personally not sure of the exact reason, but I do know from personal experience that this is accurate so I always salt beans after they are tender..
Most markets carry navy beans, typically in both dried and canned form, and they are also very easy to grow in the. Navy beans nutrition facts: Navy are small, oval white beans in the Fabaceae family of legumes. Find navy bean stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Navy Bean spotted at Redstone Room last night!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food navy bean & bacon soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!