Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, black bean (w/ ham) soup. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have black bean (w/ ham) soup using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Take of dried black beans.
- Get of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Take of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get of tomato paste.
- Make ready of smoked ham hock.
- Make ready of vegetable stock.
- Get of bay leaf.
- Make ready of cumin.
- Prepare of coriander.
- Get of thyme.
- Make ready of paprika.
- Prepare of cooked ham, cubed.
- Take of dry sherry.
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food black bean (w/ ham) soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!