Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, ridiculously good shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ridiculously good shepherd's pie using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie:
- Prepare of potatoes, cut into chunks.
- Prepare of vegetable oil, for meat.
- Make ready of onion, minced.
- Prepare of baby bello mushrooms, minced.
- Take of salt, for meat.
- Prepare of ground black pepper, for meat.
- Prepare of ground beef.
- Get of steak sauce.
- Get of eggs.
- Get of vegetable oil, for veggies.
- Prepare of butter, for veggies.
- Take of carrots, chopped.
- Make ready of corn niblets.
- Prepare of peas.
- Get of salt, for veggies.
- Take of milk.
- Take of butter, for potatoes.
- Get of salt, for potatoes.
- Get of cheddar cheese, grated.
Steps to make Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie:
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until soft..
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on low..
- Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, snd pepper, and cook until translucent..
- Add the meat, incorporate, and cook through. NOTE: I used beef but, obviously, ground lamb could also be used, if you can find it at the supermarket. I couldn't when I put this together, but I still called it Shepherd's Pie because, like with Minced Meat Pies no longer having meat in them these days, just about everyone I know makes Shepherd's Pie with beef, so I figured no harm, no foul. If you are pedantic, I could have called this Cottage Pie, but, in the US, I don't think anyone knows what it is. Besides, I figured, who would want to be that guy, right?.
- Stir in the steak sauce, and let cool..
- When cooled, stir in the eggs, and pour the mixture into the bottom of the large casserole. The eggs will firm up the bottom to provide a solid base..
- Add the butter, oil, and carrots into the now-empty large saucepan, and simmer on medium until tender..
- Add the corn niblets, peas, and salt, and mix and simmer until it's all happy and tender..
- Layer the veggies on the meat in the casserole..
- Drain, return to the pot, and mash the potatoes on low..
- Add butter and salt while mashing. I know, it's a lot of butter, so cut it down to 2/3 stick if you like..
- Add the milk to the potatoes. It will be loose at first, but it will firm up a bit while you stir it in a few minutes..
- When the potatoes are stackably firm, scoop it on top of the casserole..
- Throw it all in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes..
- OK, it will have this beautiful crust after 45min, and you are just going to sprinkle the cheddar over the top..
- Broil for about 5 min, keeping an eye on it after 3 minutes to be sure it doesn't burn, to melt the cheese..
- Remove from heat and try to let it cool about a half hour before diving in. As can be seen from my pic, I always fail. Enjoy..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ridiculously good shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!