Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snack foods.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
For anybody who is not allergic to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds provide a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Various minerals and vitamins tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which may often make you sleepy. In the case of almonds, however, they wont cause you to yearn for a nap. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to amma ka daal (mom's lentil recipe) recipe. To make amma ka daal (mom's lentil recipe) you need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe):
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Pigeon Pea (Toor Dal) or 1.5 cups Red Lentils (Masoor Dal).
- Use 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 3-4 of green Chillies.
- Provide 4-5 cloves of Garlic (finally chopped).
- You need 1 of large Red Onion (finally chopped).
- Get 2 of Tomatos.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Cilantro (coriander leaves).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe):
- Wash the lentils till the water runs clean. Add turmeric to the lentils and pressure cook on medium flame for at least 6 whistles. If you are using instant pot, pressure cook for at least 30 min, till the lentils are completely mush.Heat ghee (Substituting oil/ reducing the quantity will compromise the taste) in a Kadai/ frying pan, add cumin, cook till it is fragrant. Add garlic and green chilies. Make sure that the garlic doesn't burn..
- Add onions and fry till it is brown. This step is essential. Caramelizing the onions ensures the dish has a rich flavor. Add tomatoes and mix well. Cook covered on low flame for the mixture to amalgamate and become a mush like texture. Add coriander leaves when the tomatoes are fully cooked. I store at least half of this mixture in a jar and freeze for later use..
- Add the cooked dal to this mixture, with the required amount of water. Add salt to taste and cook on medium flat for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with Jeera rice/ plain basmati rice. Pure nirvana!.
Try this with brown lentils, Indian brown (whole red, Sabut Masoor) or other. This is my Mom's recipe and she has some kind of magic in her hands. She doesn't measure anything and everything comes out super delicious. So I had a couple of friends over for dinner and wanted to make something different but more of a winter type of dessert. My husband goes gajrela, and I am like made that a few times, so was kind of done with that.
If you find this Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.